Mothers, particularly mothers with young children, are faced with a dilemma nearly every day: Which bag should I use? The cute, compact handbag or the more practical tote bag? On the one hand, the handbag is small, easy to carry around, and stylish. On the other hand, the tote bag is spacious and ideal for, well, toting around items you or the children may need.
Those of you unfamiliar with the bag dilemma might ask, what could a mother or her children possibly need that might justify carrying a large tote bag around? To give you an idea, here are some examples: sunblock; a small first aid kit or package of band-aids; snacks; a spare change of underwear (this is a must for a child new to potty training, or undergoing potty training); if you have an infant add several diapers, wipes, a spare outfit (in case something erupts from one of the baby's orifices), and a pacifier; hand sanitizer; an iPod, for those times when you would sell a kidney to have a piece of glass installed in your car, limosine-style; a book. A mother must also have room in her bag for at least a couple of toys that her children insist on bringing with them and then hand off to her when they're tired of holding them.
New mothers might try carrying both a handbag and a diaper bag, in an attempt to have the best of both worlds, but they will quickly learn that unless she has a third arm hidden somewhere on her torso, it's impossible to carry a baby, a diaper bag, and a purse; it isn't worth the trouble. So they might try putting their personal items, wallet, lipstick, gum, what have you, in the diaper bag. But, believe it or not, often times there isn't enough room. Or she might ditch the diaper bag in favor of her handbag for a girls' night out, only to discover she's left her personal items behind.
Two summers ago, a friend of mine bought a tote bag. She was excited about it because it was large and had multiple pockets, both inside and out, and it was also "cute." In it she carried everything given for examples above, plus a few extras. It held it all beautifully. Unfortunately, the bag weighed about ten pounds.
After a day lugging it around the zoo with her friend and their combined children, my friend's back was aching and her arm felt like an overstretched rubber band. She realized that a tote bag is only practical if one uses it sensibly. Pack what you know for certain you will need, and forget the "what ifs."
Having a baby is an amazing experience for the new parents, but at the same time it can be hard to cope with. You can help make life a little bit easier for the happy parents by giving them a baby gift that assists the transition from couple to family. It's easy to buy something cute for a baby, but there are also many helpful and practical gifts that will really make a difference. You'll also know that your gift will get used plenty of times, rather than admired and then shoved in a cupboard.
One great gift you can give is a baby monitor. These clever devices monitor the sounds made by baby while sleeping, so that mom or dad can get on with other things that need to be done and can immediately hear when baby wakes up. They're also useful at night, because you'll know very quickly when baby is awake and wanting to be fed.
New parents tend to worry a lot about their baby's health, so why not give them something to assist them? Digital baby thermometers are simple to use and much less intrusive than the old fashioned thermometers. You can buy thermometers that take the temperature orally, from the skin, or in the ear. Great for reassuring a nervous parent that baby is fine, but also for indicating when a visit to the doctor might be required.
If you'd still like to buy something cute and fun, then check out the range of crib items. There are heaps of great ideas available, including toys that attach to the inside of the crib and use music and lights to help lull baby to sleep. Perhaps you could choose a mechanical mobile with cute decorations for amusing baby. Look at the Lamaze range of baby toys, designed to be fun and interesting for baby, while stimulating various senses at the same time. Great for development.
You can also choose baby blankets, sheets, towels, washcloths and a whole lot more, all available in a wide variety of styles and colors. Look for cute but practical clothing, including sleepwear, onesies, socks, jackets and t-shirts. Always test out the clothes to make sure they're easy to put on and take off again, and that it's easy to access the diaper for a quick change, without having to completely undress the baby.
If the new parents need some more expensive baby items, why not join together with some other friends to buy a bigger baby gift. This is a great way to give parents items like strollers, cribs, car seats, or playpens. You can either organize to purchase the item yourself, or give the new parents a gift certificate to cover the cost and let them choose their own. Another useful gift is diapers. Either buy plenty to keep the parents going for a while, or if they like cloth diapers, organize a diaper service. They'll take away the dirty diapers once a week, wash them, and then bring them back again. Any new parents will love you for that gift!
Baby gifts are a wonderful way to get the new family started in their life together, and you can do a lot to help that process. Don't waste your money and something cute that will never even get taken out of the box. Try to combine practical and fun, and the new parents will thank you for it - over and over again.
If you are getting ready to greet a new little bundle into the family, you will need the perfect designer diaper bag to get that little one out on the town in style. Diaper bags are essential with an infant in tow, because those tiny tots are not made to travel light.
With so many supplies that need to go with you, the right designer diaper bag will be one of the best purchases you can make. But before you head out on your shopping spree, check out these tips to ensure you find the best designer diaper bag for your needs.
Keep in mind that your bag will be going everywhere with you and taking plenty of abuse to boot. Easy cleanup will be essential in a designer diaper bag if you want it to look as good two years from now as it does right now.
Forgo the fashionable in favor of the vinyl, or look for a plastic covering over funky fabric for easier cleanup. The inside of your designer diaper bag must be easy to clean as well, so look for vinyl interiors or a bag that is machine washable.
This designer diaper bag is going to become your most popular accessory very quickly, so make sure it is comfortable to lug around with you. Moms prone to back pain may want to look at backpacks and messenger bags that will put less strain on those muscles rather than the traditional shoulder strap.
It is a good idea to try the designer diaper bag on in the store to ensure that the straps do not cut or bind and that the bag hangs at a comfortable level. You will appreciate the time spent to find a comfortable bag when that designer diaper bag becomes a permanent fixture for the next year or two!
When considering the accessories you want to include on your designer diaper bag, it is important to think about what the bag will be used for. A vinyl changing pad is always a welcome addition, since diaper changes can happen anywhere and anytime.
If you will be carrying the designer diaper bag in lieu of a purse, you may also want separate pockets for items like your sunglasses and cell phone. If you will be taking your designer diaper bag on frequent day trips, stroller straps will make it easy to attach the bag to the stroller for outings.
The best designer diaper bag will be the one that is comfortable, practical and meets your needs best. By taking the time to choose the right bag for you and your baby, your time away from home will go much smoother.
As a woman approaches motherhood, she will surely realize the importance of having a pink diaper bag. In the first place, where would she rather place all the baby stuff? There is no denying that they won't prefer placing the milk bottles, clothes, and nappy changing essentials in her Gucci tote bag.
On the other hand, if you really put your mind into it, you can't find so many diaper bags made of superb quality in the market. Yes, it is given that there are a lot of designer diaper bags available now, but they come with a price so costly.
Of course, you will want all your baby's things to be beautiful, especially if you are expecting a girl. This is why you can usually find pink diaper bag in the market. Furthermore, they also come in green, yellow, and other pretty colors.
Ensure that the quality is above satisfactory. Remember that this is your main concern -- both the quality and function. Fortunately, you can find a wide array of designs to choose from.
Another thing to consider is the space. Make sure it is wide enough to fit both your personal belongings and your bay's. Or else, you might wind up having to carry two bags -- one for you, and one for your entire baby's stuff.
Let's face it; babies need a lot of stuff. You need to bring enough diapers, wipes, a changing mat, and a lot more. Make sure the bag has enough compartments and pockets. In that way, you will never have to take time in digging deep into the bag for that thing you need.
Keep in mind that you and your husband will have to carry this bag. So, considering him for the type and design of the bag is important if you want him to carry the bag for you.
Even if you have the idea that it is difficult to find a pink diaper bag that is perfect for you, you don't need to worry. You will find one. You just have to look for them in the right places.
One of the fun parts in organizing a baby shower is to decorate the venue, including the wall, ceiling, tables, and chairs. There are so many cute supplies to decorate a baby shower. They are available in various soothing pastel colors, or if you want some bright and preppy, there are also choices to choose from. Baby shower supplies come in numerous styles and designs, so whether you are planning a simple or unique shower, it is easy for you to find the right stuff to give a great look to the event.
If you are planning a themed baby shower, there are lots of ways to match the supplies with that specific theme. Some of the most popular baby shower themes include Noah's Ark, Pea In A Pod, Nursery Rhymes, Winnie The Pooh, Animals and Alphabets, Cinderella, Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs, Beauty And The Beast, Tom And Jerry, Pinocchio, Sweet Duckies And Cute Frogs, Angels And Fairies, and etc. Having a theme is actually a good idea, because it would be easier for you to decide which decoration is perfect for the shower.
Planning a baby shower these days doesn't need one to hunt around in a local department store and haggle with prices, because there are now hundreds of sources that can be found online. By simply typing the keyword baby shower supplies, you will be bombarded with so many websites that specialize in stuff like baby shower favors, invites, decorations, and a lot more. There are also websites where you can find and purchase baby shower gifts for the mom-to-be. Choose a good online store and take time to browse its web pages. Usually, goo online stores have all kinds of designs and styles of party supplies to choose from. You can find these in a matter of seconds.
Another advantage of shopping baby shower supplies online is that most of the online stores that sell supplies for that kind of event give heavy discounts. This is by online shopping is highly recommended if you are on a tight budget. One you feel that you found the ideal store to buy stuff from, it's up to you next which items you will place in your virtual cart. From there, your rest assured that they they will deliver your order at your doorstep.
There are kits that can be purchased to decorate a baby shower. Most of the kits include It's a boy and It's a girl decoration ideas. Pink and blue colors are generally the famous when it comes to children's parties such as baby showers. But if the mom-to-be wants to keep the sex of her baby as a secret, opt for neutral-gender ideas that work well even if you don't know what infant will come out. As much as possible, choose gender-neutral baby shower invites, baby shower favors, and of course decorations. These ideas are also great if you are planning a co-ed baby shower, which means both men and women are invited.
Raising a baby provides moms and dads with wonderful rewards and some challenging moments. Since our children live their first few years wearing diapers - and they require a lot of changing we are looking for the right decision about what kind of diapers to use - both from a convenience perspective and from a what-is-right for my baby point of view.
We are all more and more concerned about the health of our world. When we as parents make the choice to use cloth-style diapers for our baby we are choosing - improved health for our baby, better comfort, and we are doing our part to make our earth healthier.
We have done some research and here are our seven reasons to move away from disposable diapers and instead choose to use cloth diapers for your baby.
1. Improved health for your baby. Take a look at what makes up today's disposable diapers. They are made with a chemical that makes the diaper very absorbent - but this chemical (sodium polyacrylate) has been linked to toxic shock syndrome. And that's not the only dangerous chemical. You will also find in disposable diapers traces of Dioxin (this is a carcinogen) and it can cause genetic damage, immune system suppression and even disease of the liver.
2. Lower possibility of diaper rash for your baby. Disposable diapers are made of very dense material, while cloth diapers are made of breathable cotton. This means that you baby will be cooler, thereby reducing the build up of bacteria growth which lowers the possibility of a rash. Babies that wear cloth diapers get changed more often because they will feel wet to the touch when the baby is wet. Disposables on the other hand are so absorbent that even when the baby is wet the diaper may not feel wet and therefore the baby will not be changed as often. This will result in a greater chance of the baby developing a diaper rash.
3. More comfortable for baby. We all know how comfortable cotton is to wear. Layers of cotton are what make up cloth diapers - and this means that it feels better against your baby's skin, they will be cooler than their disposable counterparts (especially in the middle of the Summer).
4. Save money - raising a baby is expensive and we all want to save money when we can. There have been numerous studies that compare the costs of purchasing disposables versus the cost of purchasing and washing cloth baby diapers at home. The results of the studies vary but they all agree that the cost of cloth, home laundered diapers, is considerably lower than buying disposables. Consider that over a 2 1/2 year period where there will be approximately 7,500 diaper changes, the savings of cloth over disposables is in the range of $1,000 to $2,000. This savings is even greater when you consider that the same diaper can be used for another baby. In our case - in Holden's first year we have saved over $800 by using cloth. Think of what you could do with the SAVINGS you earned from buying and laundering your own diapers!
5. Do your part to improve our world - cloth diapers can be used over and over again making them better for the environment. Consider some other items. A high quality cloth diaper can be washed a hundred or more times. And if you have or plan on having more than one child the cloth diaper can be used for your 2nd and 3rd child. And sure it use up energy to wash cloth diapers. This energy use cost is very small when you compare it to what the cost to the environment caused by the use of disposables. We can expect a disposable to take at least 400 years to be fully decomposed in our already crowded landfills. Also consider that the manufacturers of diapers that are disposable in a year will use more than a million metric tons of wood pulp and 75,000 metric tons of plastic each year.
6. As easy to change as disposables. There is no argument it is easy to change a baby if you are using disposables. But today`s cloth diapers are as easy to use as the disposable type. This is especially true for the cloth diapers that have a built in outer liner. All cloth diapers nowadays use a snap closure or a Velcro-type closure to ensure a snug, good fit for your baby.
7. Built in outer cover. That means just change the diaper - don`t worry about having to pull an outer cover over top of the diapers. It makes changing baby a breeze.